Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Yanny and Laurel illusion

 Today I was learning about the Yanny and Laurel illusion. Something I  learned is it's just the same word repeated with different frequency. What do you hear? Tell me in the comments. 

Heres my writing about it: 



The Yanny and Laurel illusion


  It is a sound illusion that has been messed with. Some people hear Laurel and some hear Yanny. And I am about to tell you why.


Most people hear Yanny this is because the original recording is of Laurel and different people hear different frequency, sound and volume. but to simplify this the sound of the recording saying Laurel was changed to a higher volume which is causing most people to hear Yanny.


If you wear special headphones and hear it through another device or change the volume you are Most Likely to hear Laurel, Because that can change the frequency. But if it is your first time with nothing that could possibly change the sound with you would be most likely to hear Laurel. 


Also, You are likely to hear yanny if you listen to higher music or you're younger but you are more likely to hear Laurel if you are older and you like lower music. But some people can hear both and some people's ears can't decide.


So are you a Yanny or Laurel I personally hear both?



2 comments:

  1. Hello Mathew
    I like your use of a vidio and amount of writing
    There is nothing I would change.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mathew,

    I can hear Yanny and Laurel! Well done on your work

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post